Sunday, May 30, 2010

It seems so surreal to me that tomorrow, May 31, 2010, I'm leaving the wonderful state of Colorado. My hometown, my wonderful family, my amazing friends, my job, my car, the comfort and security that I have in my small Western Colorado town to depart on this grand and extensive journey.

It seems like it was just yesterday that I submitted my Peace Corps Application, but in reality it was February of 2009. And here I stand 15 months later, nominated, and invited to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer.

6 weeks ago I received my invitation, and it came as a shock. I had been waiting and waiting for the moment to arrive that would tell me where my next adventure would take me, but now that it's here, I stand in shock, but ready to take flight.

I have moved out of my room, packed my bags with more essential items, such as contact solution, tampons, and toothpaste, than clothing, sold my car and said most of my goodbyes. But it is never truly a goodbye, for I'm sure that I will find myself back here once again.

So I'm taking flight, setting new roots, learning a new language and embracing a new culture. Wish me luck and stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment