Sunday, July 1, 2012

30 things to do when “light is off”

1. Go hang with my ‘children’
2. Go talk with my ‘family’
3. Read a book
4. Finish the book
5. Start a new book
6. Color with my ‘children’
7. Stare at the wall
8. Fetch some water
9. Eat the food in my fridge
10. Continue to stare at the wall
11. Contemplate life
12. Come up with ten new ideas of what to do when I finish Peace Corps
13. Finish all the food in my fridge
14. Disregard all new ideas of what to do when finished and create 5 more
15. Play suduko
16. Watch a TV show or movie and pray that the light will come back so I can charge my computer
17. Pace my room (two steps and then turn around)
18. Attempt to nap
19. Continue to attempt to nap
20. Walk around my village ‘greeting people’
21. Go back to my favorite thing… staring at the wall
22. Dance like a mad man
23. Stare at the wall some more
24. Bake some peanut butter cookies
25. Play another round of suduko
26. Listen to some music
27. Sit in front of my fan pretending that the light is on and I’m being cooled off
28. Continue to sit in front of my fan
29. Consume every last morsel of food in my fridge (just incase light does not come for a long, long time)
30. Stare at the wall till the light finally comes
• “light” in Ghana means power
• And yes I have done all of these things while waiting sometimes only an hour or up to several weeks for “light” to come again.



No comments:

Post a Comment